OpenBridge: The Next-Generation Bridge Design and Analysis Software for Engineers
Bentley OpenBridge is a powerful and versatile bridge design software that enables engineers to efficiently design, analyze, and construct bridges of all types and sizes. The software is built on the latest industry standards and provides a wide range of features that make it an ideal tool for bridge design and analysis.
OpenBridge is fully compatible with BIM (Building Information Modelling) workflows, which enables engineers to easily create and manage 3D models of their bridges. This allows for better collaboration and coordination between different teams and stakeholders, and ensures that the design and construction process is as efficient as possible.
OpenBridge is also integrated with many other Bentley Systems software, such as OpenRoads, OpenRail, OpenSite, and OpenBuildings. This allows bridge engineers to easily collaborate with other engineers working on the same project, and also allows them to use the same data, models, and workflows across different disciplines.
One of the key features of Bentley OpenBridge is its ability to handle large and complex bridge models. The software can import and export data from a variety of sources, including AutoCAD, MicroStation, and other popular design software. This allows engineers to easily integrate their design work with other project data, such as survey information, geotechnical data, and load ratings.
Some key features of OpenBridge include:
- 3D Modelling: OpenBridge allows users to create detailed 3D models of bridges and other transportation structures. This allows for better visualization and communication of design intent, as well as improved quality control and asset management during construction and operation.
- Analysis and Design: OpenBridge includes advanced analysis capabilities, such as load rating, fatigue and fracture, and nonlinear behaviour, as well as tools for the design of different types of bridges and structures, such as steel, concrete, and timber.
- BIM Workflows: OpenBridge supports BIM (Building Information Modelling) workflows, allowing for better collaboration and coordination among different teams and stakeholders, as well as improved communication and documentation throughout the project.
- Construction Modelling: OpenBridge includes tools for construction modelling and simulation, allowing users to identify potential issues before they occur, minimizing the need for costly changes and delays.
- Integration: OpenBridge integrates with other software solutions, such as GIS systems, allowing for seamless data sharing and collaboration. This allows for a more efficient and accurate design process, as well as the ability to easily update and maintain the model throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- Industry Standards and Regulations: OpenBridge supports multiple industry standards and regulations, such as AASHTO, FHWA and many more, making it an ideal solution for bridge and transportation structure projects all over the world.
- Rail and Transit: OpenBridge also includes specific modules to support the design and analysis of rail and transit structures such as OpenBridge Modeler for rail and transit structure design and OpenBridge Signals for the design of signalling and communications systems.
- Advanced Visualization: OpenBridge offers advanced visualization tools and options that allow users to better understand the structure’s design and behaviour, including 3D animations and dynamic load testing simulations.
OpenBridge can perform a wide range of analyses, including linear and nonlinear static and dynamic analysis, cable analysis, and wind and earthquake analysis. This allows engineers to quickly and accurately evaluate the performance of their bridge designs and identify potential issues before construction.
Bentley OpenBridge offers a wide range of design tools. The software can be used to design a variety of different bridge types, including steel, concrete, and composite bridges. It also includes tools for creating detailed 3D models, generating construction drawings, and performing construction simulations. This makes it easy for engineers to design and construct bridges that meet all of the necessary safety and design requirements.
The software features a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use, even for those who are new to bridge design. The intuitive interface provides easy access to all of the software’s features and tools, and it can be customized to suit the specific needs of each user. Additionally, the software has a comprehensive help system that provides detailed instructions and tutorials on how to use the software effectively.
In conclusion, Bentley OpenBridge is a comprehensive bridge design software that provides engineers with powerful tools for designing, analyzing, and constructing bridges of all types and sizes. Its ability to handle large and complex models, advanced analysis capabilities, and user-friendly interface make it an ideal tool for bridge engineers. Additionally, its compatibility with BIM workflows and integration with other Bentley Systems software, makes it an essential tool for modern bridge design and construction.